View job on Handshake
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
Seagate’s MNC (Minnesota Campus) facility in Bloomington and Edina, MN, is among the most advanced in the world in the design, development and volume manufacturing of recording heads which write information onto and read information from the recording disc inside a computer’s hard drive.
We are seeking an intern to help transform our current dashboard reports into a well-organized tableau reporting system.
About the role – you will:
- Build reports and dashboards that will help organization to understand metrics
- Identify requirements that are needed by the business to more effectively manage performance.
- Ensure that critical data is captured in appropriate systems and can be accessed by stakeholders.
- Create a Sharepoint site that contains all Ops Reporting
- User guide / documentation for all reports
- Handoff Sharepoint site and all reports contained therein for Ops maintenance
- Work on individual tasks as assigned.
- Student pursuing a BS degree in business or engineering related fields
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Tableau skills preferred but not required (fast learner should pick it up quickly)
- Interest in business intelligence
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.