View job on Handshake
Intern – System Test Engineer – San Diego, CA – Summer 2021
Are you interested in an Intern opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing an undergraduate (BS) and/or graduate (MS) degree to participate in 3- 6 month paid System Test Engineer Intern opportunities at our site in San Diego, CA. Through this role you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work in a fast paced R&D environment. Perform system integration and verification by following the structured test procedures and by exploratory, ad hoc testing. Report issues. Trouble shooting the issues with Dev team. Setup test environment, monitor the test automation run, report issues.
You are responsible for
- Perform test case dry runs against engineering builds to help test case development and identify issues early
- Work closely with developers and other test engineers to qualify defects found and help turn-around solutions quickly
- Setup test environment to support testing needs
- Support the automation team in running and developing automated test scripts and workflows
- Proactively provide regular updates and status to functional manager
- Perform other duties as required
You are a part of
Philips R & D of state-of-the-art medical imaging and functional measurement products. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is excited about contributing to the R&D process to develop and deliver high quality products. The successful candidate will be responsible for tasks that may include, but not be limited to, the following:
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least two years of study towards the degree of Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Computer Science
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as individually
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associate
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to hear and speak to employees and outside business associates on the phone and in person
- Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memos, reports and other documents (near vision)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Strong in innovation and problem solving
- Experience with Automation Circuit design or Mechanical design
- Self-motivated, quick learner and a team player
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to San Diego.
Why should you join Philips?
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran