There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our internships are paid, and course credit hours may be considered depending on university’s guidelines. Internships include a competitive benefits package sought at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From mentorship opportunities to benefits like medical insurance and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind internship experience. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
- Procure and ensure timely delivery of materials and tools to meet AOG requirements in order to avoid the negative operational and fiscal impact from delays or cancellations
- Coordinate material requirements for deferral and packaged work to ensure parts are available to support the maintenance scheduled workload
- Follow up to ensure supplier and delivery commitments are met and expedite orders as required
- Coordinate with the Supply chain to determine best availability and expedite transfer of parts
- Coordinate the acquisition of borrows and/or purchases of parts from other airlines to support AOG events
- Ensure the most effective sourcing and shipping strategies when supporting AOG or scheduled workload
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- 1+ years of experience in airline/aviation materials handling
- 1+ years of purchasing experience and/or inventory planning and logistics
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft products
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritize tasks, and maintain flexibility with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire to succeed
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- 2-year degree in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- Former experience with sourcing and managing materials for AOG events
- SCEPTRE experience
- PMP certificate
- Lean/Six Sigma/Greenbelt experience or certified
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.