TM Financial Forensics, LLC (“TMF”) is a national business and disputes consulting firm specializing in financial, accounting, economic, engineering and damages analyses. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago, our team of professionals have assisted in some of the country’s most significant and complex litigations over the past three decades, providing objective and reliable accounting, financial, economic and damages analyses and expert testimony.
Position Summary: Interns perform financial, statistical and economic data collection, data analytics and analyses in a collaborative team environment. Engagement teams typically assist and prepare clients through mediation, arbitration, State and Federal trials, or other legal proceedings. TMF values individuals who exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, advanced written and oral communication skills and superior teamwork. We believe that our people are our most valuable asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: As an Intern, you will be asked to perform a wide range of functions which may include but are not limited to:
- Creating financial, accounting, economic and statistical analyses
- Assisting with the preparation and review of damages claims, expert reports and exhibits
- Developing and documenting detailed financial models
- Presenting results both orally and in writing
- Providing detailed fact-finding and research
- Organizing and managing data
- Performing quality assurance
- Working additional hours when needed
Experience and Skills:
- Majors: Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant coursework.
- GPA: 3.3 and above.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint — Experience with Microsoft Access, SQL, SAS or other database management software a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve independently and as part of a team
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and flexibility
TM Financial Forensics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and applicable California state law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Company participates in E-Verify to determine whether job applicants are eligible to work in the United States.
The Company employs individuals who are authorized to work in the United States without regard to citizenship status. The Company does not sponsor visa or green card applications.