Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
· Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
· Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
· Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
· Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Job Profile Section: The Responsibilities
· Provide security support to projects teams including special access assignment following Security controls & compliance
· Respond rapidly and efficiently to requests requiring security control changes
· Function in Help Desk capacity to ensure tickets are worked in a timely and efficient manner
· Work closely with both IT and Business to ensure ticket requests are understood and routed properly
· Assure SAP security configuration compliance with Client standards and Process SOX controls
· Ability to work with Fire Fighter Owners & Controllers to ensure logs are reviewed and approved in a timely Manner
· Execute periodic SAP GRC Critical Transaction code Review
· Execute Segregation of duties (SOD) background jobs, document and inform risk where applicable and mitigate risk
· Confirm SOD Requirements (Including Regulatory Compliance requirements)
· Perform Periodic Assessment to validate Adherence to polices and Rules
· Mitigate the Risk of Intentional Fraud or unintentional error to the Organization
· Monitoring Critical transactions and Fine-tuning Authorizations and Reporting
· Understand Audit Controls and dependency on information security management principles.
· Capture quarterly and annual control evidence and ensure there are no control deficiencies.
· Work with Process Integration & Governance, internal and external auditors to support risk management, compliance, and audit queries.
· Assist auditor team with required information related to end user access on SAP applications
· Work with SAP User provisioning and Role Management Module to Provision New user Assignments or Positions without Risk
· Work with change Management team to track Change Approval and Deployment of security role deliverables
· Develop, maintain, and enforce security policies and procedures aligned with best practices and leads other process improvement initiatives
· Identify automation opportunities, communicate need to management, and work with IT to design and deploy initiative(s)
Note: The SAP ERP ecosystem is very complex and integrated with many different SAP and non-SAP Systems. The job of SAP Security Analyst is technical in nature.
Job Profile Section: What We Look For
· Education Requirements
o Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2023 – June 2024.
o Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar technical degree field.
· Work Setting
o This position will be fully remote – work from home.
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
o US work authorization may be required for this role.
· Professional Attributes
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
o Flexible and adapts well to change
· Critical Skills needed to be successful:
o Detailed oriented – able to clearly and accurately express technical details in an understandable format
o Eager to learn – Technology is constantly changing, and having the drive to learn new technology and apply it is essential to success
o Team Player – You’ll need to rely on other people to be complete the project, and need to work well with others
o Problem-Solver – you will need to be able to analyze a situation and make recommendations for resolutions, sometimes these answers are not obvious
Job Profile Section: What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!