View job on Handshake
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and well-being of our people through world-class benefits.
Balyasny Asset Management is looking for an exceptional data analyst intern to join the BAM New York Office for Summer 2023. The candidate will take ownership of critical datasets used by portfolio managers and the rest of the investment staff. This includes relationship management across the entire data pipeline from working with the vendor to delivering clean data in an easily digestible format to the end user. If you have a passion for collaborative problem solving and love building elegant software solutions, you would excel in this role.
· Collaborate with investment staff to brainstorm creative uses for data in the investment process
· Brainstorm and design ways to improve proprietary data evaluation processes
· Design the interface to connect various financial and alternative data sources (Web, Vendor databases, and unstructured survey data) by collaborating with end users and data engineers
· Monitor automated data ingestion pipelines for quality control
· Analyze data using standard statistical tools and techniques
· Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated datasets to provide custom solutions to management
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
· Strong Programming Skills; Python(Pandas) and SQL experience necessary
· Experience cleaning data sets
· Experience analyzing data sets and generating reports/visualizations/dashboards
· Problem solving mindset, resourceful
· Strong communication skills
· Hardworking, passionate, driven
· Prior Data internship experience is a plus