View job on Handshake
Hilltop Securities Inc. is currently looking for qualified students to join our team as a summer intern in Operations in Dallas, TX. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with our Operations team and will gain hands-on experience working in several key areas of Operations including research, data analysis, brokerage operations and product support.
Experience in a brokerage environment – this individual will gain exposure to Operations and Wealth Management by working with various departments and focusing in on understanding data driven decision making through process improvement initiatives.
- Support daily activities in relation to: account processing, security master and asset management.
- Contribute and participate in all assigned areas; ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Work to solve real world problems and deliver measurable results.
- Help with ideas to improve current practices.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Proven self-starter who can initiate tasks and follow up to completion to produce high quality results in a timely manner
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and product definition skills
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel (macro abilities a plus), Visio and SQL is a plus
- Rising senior studying in a quantitative or business field (Marketing, Business, Math, Computer Science, Operations Research)
- Candidate MUST have authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship, whether in student status or not
About the Company
Hilltop Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HTH) is a Texas-based diversified financial holding company specializing in banking, mortgage origination, and financial advisory through its wholly owned subsidiaries, PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, and HilltopSecurities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.