Toyota is seeking PhD students in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science in the area of Machine Learning/Federated Learning, Centralized or Distributed Infrastructure Resource Management, Sustainable Infrastructure and related connected car research. It would be preferable if the student is familiar with Infrastructure (Network, Compute, Storage, and Memory) resource management and carbon-neutral edge/datacenter.
The objective to research methods that would manage infrastructure resource properly leverage ML algorithms to increase performance efficiency or reduce carbon-neutral footprint in the infrastructure in centralized or distributed manner. For example, reduction in checkpointing and increase performance in DNN. Research I/O efficiency with respect to NN from data ingest to computation. Or increase network efficiency for Computer Visioning ML Training in Federated Learning platform.
• Experience with machine learning, optimization techniques, timing analysis for real-time and/or distributed systems
• Currently pursuing PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science in the area of edge computing, machine learning Infrastructure Resource Management, Sustainable Infrastructure and connected car related technologies
• Research and development experience of Edge Computing & Cloud Computing
• Experience with Computer Visioning, e.g., ResNet, SSD will be plus
• Hands-on prototyping (e.g., GPUs, Storage, Persistent-Memory or Power/Temperature Control) and programming knowledge (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C/C++, etc.)
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to engage in general research activities such as defining problems and issues to be addressed, finding and using research data, and being able to make recommendations and findings in writing and presentations
• Good planning, time management, decision-making and organizational skills, and ability to manage several tasks at once
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations, maintain confidentiality and exercise tact and good judgment in an international work environment
• Must demonstrate a genuine interest in and willingness to work in the connected car research