Aon Is Looking For Health Analytics Data Interns – Available Nationally
Preferred Locations include:
Illinois: Chicago, Lincolnshire
California: San Francisco
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
This position is part of our broader Health Analytics Intelligence team, which falls under Aon’s national Health Analytics practice; however, our team infuses with many of the other high-visibility Aon business units, as well.
Our team of individuals excel at assessing customers’ data-based needs and ensuring customers (internal and external) receive a high value return. The team is a mix of data managers, data scientists, reporting analysts, SQL/MS Office/Tableau/PowerBI/Python/R programming experts, statisticians, actuaries, and custom solution architects. Our group delivers or supports a wide array of reporting tools, special projects, and methodology development to address the complex analytic needs of our data-driven clients.
Your Impact As A Health Analytics Data Intern
Health and Benefits Consulting
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments during your internship. Health Analytics data analysts support consultants to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer problems. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits data analysts bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting. Typical job responsibilities include:
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on healthcare data and innovation
- Work with large health claims and risk datasets such as eligibility data, medical claims and prescription drug claims data from multiple different sources
- Develop detailed understanding of medical claims reporting and billing for inpatient and outpatient procedures at a DRG, procedure code/CPT level
- Liaison and partner with external healthcare carriers, data vendors and startups
- Track and monitor upcoming vendors and startups in the healthcare space in areas such as healthcare navigation, digital health, care delivery etc
- Work on cutting edge data analytics tools and build full stack pipelines in R/Python for data ingestion, cleaning and preparation with proper version control
- Build statistical and machine learning models to analyze healthcare costs, utilization and major drivers
- Prepare consulting deliverables with the use of charts, visualization tools and reporting automation to communicate end-results of technical analyses to a non-technical audience
- Assist client teams and actuaries with ad-hoc data related requests by producing reports
- Develop validation and quality control methodologies and work with vendors to review datasets
- Work on multiple projects and manage timelines, milestones and delivery efficiently
Aon’s Internship Program
Interns within Aon will gain valuable experience assisting our teams supporting both client and internal projects. Interns will work with a cross-functional team to gain visibility and experience across a broad segment of clients. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues.
- 10 Week Paid Program in Offices Throughout the U.S.
- Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
- Significant on the job training and firsthand experience
- Participation in formal training program taught by Aon’s Industry professionals
What are we looking for?
Collaborators, Critical Thinkers, Problem Solvers, Team Players, Effective Communicators, Relationship Builders and Future Leaders.
We aim to recruit a diverse group of professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Relevant work or internship experience
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages like R/Python
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau/Power BI, ggplot2
- Experience with health claims datasets
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, should graduate between December 2021 – June 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Our Colleague Experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.