View job on Handshake
InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, providing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P SmallCap 600 Index.
The InterDigital AI Lab in Silicon Valley is looking for motivated Ph.D. and Masters students for internships in the area of Deep Learning.
The AI Lab works on novel applications of AI and machine learning for video and wireless applications. You won’t spend your time tweaking an obscure part of an ad or a social network here. You will develop proof-of-concepts, prototypes and research ideas that tie machine learning and AI technologies with a broad range of video and wireless technologies, and will publish your work in leading conferences.
Come intern with us if you are interested in any of the following areas of research:
- Bayesian modeling – few shot learning, uncertainty estimation, generative models
- Interpretable and robust machine learning
- NLP – Transformer networks, language modeling, graph neural networks
- High-Dimensional Statistical Learning and Inference, Non-convex and Stochastic Optimization
- Masters or Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Statistics or other relevant discipline
- Publications or research and development experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, data mining, optimization.
- Proficient in using Tensorflow or Pytorch
InterDigital leads the way in Video and Wireless Technologies
- A company focused on research with more than 300 engineers and researchers
- We invent solutions for efficient wireless networks, better video delivery, and richer multimedia experiences – more than $1B invested in R&D efforts since 2000
- We designed and developed a wide range of technologies used in 4G and 5G wireless, and in many video standards (MPEG, H.265, H.266, …)
- 80% of consumer electronics manufacturers integrate our technology
Location: This role will be located onsite in Los Altos, CA
InterDigital is an equal employment opportunity employer. InterDigital will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination with regard to any employment decision, policy or practice based on a person’s sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.