There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our internships are paid, and course credit hours may be considered depending on university’s guidelines. Internships include a competitive benefits package sought at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From mentorship opportunities to benefits like medical insurance and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind internship experience. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
· Provides entry- to intermediate-level professional services, under supervision of Fleet Managers and radiality team members as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the operation.
· Undertakes and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skill and expertise appropriate to needs of Tech Services
· Participates in the weekly reliability meetings
· Interacts directly with colleagues, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the creation of fleet enhancements
· As appropriate to the position and as specified by fleet leaders prepares reports based on reliability data
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
• Must have a minimum of 12 semester hours in core Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aviation Management or related degree program.
• Individual should be a rising junior (at minimum) when internship begins.
• Project management skills.
• Entry-level knowledge and data analytics and reporting
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Work related travel may be required, individuals must be able to travel without any restrictions.
• Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
• Previous professional working experience.
• Project experience in data analytics and reporting
• Previous professional working experience at an airline.
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.