ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
- Assists team members with the completion of project specific tasks
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required
- Attends meetings and other learning opportunities
- Other tasks under the direction of Icon mentors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems and software.
- Limited knowledge of the group the position is assigned to.
- Ability to take direction for work tasks as well as work within teams or independently as necessary.
- Ability to use basic software programs, information systems, and office equipment.
- Ability to communicate information clearly to staff, clients and/or management.
- Problem Solving ability: problems are known and defined. Chooses or selects the best option. Solution is readily apparent and can be applied quickly.
- Conveys or exchanges basic information in routine ways to audiences knowledgeable about the subject matter.
- Supports the achievement of goals through personal effort in own work area. Impact focused on the immediate delivery of tasks.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
The Intern position performs a variety of department related support activities in order to gain valuable work experience. Interns will be directly supervised and mentored while performing tasks aimed at gaining invaluable exposure, hands on experience, and mentoring at a Clinical Research Organization.