Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of development team working to support billing application systems and databases for your enterprise customer business. The intern for this role, should have basic development skills and knowledge or industry standard languages. A successful intern candidate will be highly motivated, look to take initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
• Attend daily scrum standup
• Maintain Jira with user story status
• Participate in project meetings
• Develop code to specifications
• Test code to ensure it’s working as requested
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a US 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Knowledge with various database packages including MSSQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge in Stored Procedure development
- Knowledge of data structures including JSON and XML
- Knowledge of SQL environment including PLSQL Developer, SQL Developer, and Toad
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be curious, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in one in the following office: Broomfield, CO. May consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!