Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns will work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For ten weeks, beginning the end of May, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Internship Program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual position specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. Given 5 business days to complete this mission, we are confident that our interns will make an impact on our business. This week culminates with teams presenting their solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders.
- Solve some of the most complex problems in healthcare, translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Design, develop and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include Clinical Trial analytics
- Evaluate and assess novel tools, algorithms, and technologies that enable data science capabilities
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
- Ability to understand and peer-review complex, multivariable statistical models and data analytics solutions using machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose intelligent solutions
- Bring to production developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
- Work directly with our team comprised of the brightest minds in technology, research, and mathematics as well as senior interfaces from leading life sciences companies across the globe
- Ability to translate business challenges into data pipelines & model framework, owning and driving successful projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate highly technical methods to diverse audiences to shape decision-making with a collaborative focus
- Fluency in statistical tools and programming languages that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data (Python, R, C++, Java, SQL)
- Ability to apply machine learning and analytical algorithms (classification, regressions, feature selection, etc.)
- Working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or another quantitative field with a strong foundation in statistical methodology and computation
- Experience with statistical analysis in a healthcare related field
- Experience with large healthcare datasets, machine learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection, etc.)
- Knowledge of version control software such as Git