Los Altos, California
Research and Data Analytics
Req ID 22565
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
- Our Summer internship will occur between May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022
- Selected interns will work approx. 38.75 hours/week
- Internship Location – 4410 El Camino Real Ste 250 | Los Altos, CA 94022; will consider remote or hybrid work arrangement
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive pay and a relaxed dress code
- Direct experience you can leverage for you future career
- An opportunity to learn and network with industry-leading influencers
- A Learning Environment: Mentoring and Development to help you succeed
- We love to give back! Being involved in volunteer opportunities to give back to the community
- A culture that embraces Diversity and Inclusion – it is simply the right thing to do!
- Researching startups by assessing qualitative information from disparate sources
- Conducting market scans of emergent technologies, approaches, and/or business models
- Identify technology, trends, companies, as well as relevant products & services that could provide opportunities for State Farm
- Build and maintain key relationships within Labs, State Farm Ventures and across State Farm
- Produce reports and presentations on research findings and scouting projects intended for a variety of audiences
- Develop process improvements for tracking key performance metrics
- Participate in complex work assignments and contributes to deliverables or strategic assignments
- Collaborate with other analysts on completing their assignments
- Conduct secondary technology research and analysis including trends identification, examining company structure, financials, key people, business strategy, technology, intellectual property and partnerships
- Complete meeting follow-up and tracking of different start-ups and companies involved in scouting engagements
- Initiate confidentiality agreements and coordinate with Purchasing department, as-needed
- Coordinate events, demo days, and networking opportunities for internal and external partners
Are you ready to join the industry leader? State Farm is looking to add a group of rockstar students to our Summer Labs Internship Program! Our Labs Team is at the forefront of innovation, and we are offering our Interns the opportunity to do real-world work and collaborate with our teams as we build State Farm’s future. As a Fortune 50 Company, we only hire the best – we cannot wait for you to join our team!
We Are Looking For the Following
- Current Juniors & Seniors majoring in business, marketing, entrepreneurship, or related field
- GPA 3.2/4.0 preferred qualification
- Problem-solver mindset, and initiative to drive change
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and execute professional level work
- Familiarity with the startup ecosystem or venture capital investment is a plus
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.