Balyasny Asset Management is seeking an exceptional Private Market Data Scientist to work alongside the Private Market Investment team (BAM Elevate). In this position you will take ownership of the alternative data covering early-stage companies and work closely with other Data Scientists and members of the investment team to build out data products that will provide actionable insights for our investment team or portfolio companies.
You’ll be involved during every phase of the process, including coming up with potential data ideas to investigate, building out processes to capture new data, delivering analyses, and building statistical models for identifying opportunities and/or predicting metrics of business interest.
This Summer internship role will report to senior members of the BAM Elevate Data Science team and require collaboration with the full team. The intern will help:
· Collaborate with investment staff to brainstorm creative uses for data in the investment process
· Conduct research autonomously to learn where data exists and how it can be retrieved and analyzed to help inform the investment process or help our portfolio companies in their operations.
· Pinpoint trends, correlations, and patterns in complicated data sets to provide custom solutions to management
· Analyze data using standard statistical tools and techniques
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Data Science
· Strong analytical, data processing and programming skills
· Experience with any of the following systems: Apache Airflow, AWS/GCE/Azure, Jupyter, Docker, Snowflake, Databricks/Spark
· Experience with Tableau a plus
· Ability to implement ETL processes and manage code repos
· Ability to explain technical concepts (programming/databases/stats) to non-technical audiences
· Ability to make recommendations when faced with imperfect information
· Strong oral and written communication skills, most importantly, must be a team player