There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our internships are paid, and course credit hours may be considered depending on university’s guidelines. Internships include a competitive benefits package sought at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From mentorship opportunities to benefits like medical insurance and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind internship experience. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we fly into airports around the entire world. And we need a whole team of people to keep things running in tip-top shape. From the check-in counter to the departure gate, and even behind the scenes, our Airport Operations team keeps operations at our airports running smoothly every single day.
- Serve as an internal consultant, providing business analyses to management of various operating divisions on challenges and opportunities facing the airline
- This may include one or more of the following: strategy, innovation and process improvement initiatives, performance analysis and data visualization, baggage performance, change management, safety and regulatory compliance, and station operations planning
- Potential assignments include analyzing operational performance, developing strategic plans, establishing performance metrics, and working with company organizations to analyze growth opportunities
- Interns are also responsible for studying organizational changes, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, and gathering and organizing information regarding problems and procedures
- They analyze information gathered, interpret data from various sources, and consider available solutions or alternative methods of proceeding, as may be required
- Support training and recruitment plans
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of start pursuing a degree in Business, Business Management, Data Analytics, or a related quantitative field of study
· Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
· Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship or future sponsorship
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Interest in the operational environment
- Previous airline or operations experience
- Flight Operations background
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.