Flux Marine is a high-growth marine technology start-up that is redesigning electric outboard motors from the ground up without using legacy combustion engine parts. This allows our motors to maximize efficiency and minimize maintenance without compromising performance vs gas engines. Our technology has applications across several areas including commercial, recreational, yacht tender, and military markets.
We are seeking someone to apply their marine expertise, passion, and commitment to quality to support the installation, configuration, and commissioning of new systems. You will be in a customer-facing role, and work directly with a System Integration Manager to fulfill customer needs in their transition to marine electrification. We promote a hard work, high reward environment with tremendous opportunities for advancement within the company as we enter a period of hyper-growth. As a part of this role, you will have visibility into the other projects in development at the company and will regularly engage with the executives and founders on the progress of your work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting and testing on fabricated systems
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, wire schematics, and work instructions
- Perform fabrication work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document integration processes
- Ensure installation of marine systems are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
- Travel to meet customers and access viability for electric repower and define fabrication requirements
- Work alongside system engineers to perform maintenance as required
- Provide guidance to customers on available support systems to pair with an electric outboard
- Coordinate with marine contractors as needed
- Work as part of a growing team, coordinate tasks with integration engineers, and perform related tasks
- Flexibility in work schedule, supporting all shifts, as necessary, to support customer and company needs
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working with hull materials (aluminum / composites / steel / wood)
- Experience with 3D modeling and modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience fabricating with CNC, Mill, Lathe, 3D printer and other general machining processes
- Experience with installing and repairing marine systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as be a self-starter
- ABYC certification is a plus
- NMEA certification is a plus
At Flux Marine we prioritize the health and happiness of our customers and our employees. We strive to deliver high-performance, safe and reliable technology to provide the best boating experience possible for our customers. For our employees, we look to create a culture of freedom and collaboration where everyone is empowered to have an outsized impact on our business while learning, innovating, and seeing real-world results. Employees are encouraged to make use of the company boats to see the technology they designed in action while relaxing and enjoying the water. We are looking for creative, driven people who are excited by our mission and are looking to be a part of a fun and dynamic team that is making waves disrupting the marine industry. If that sounds like you, we invite you to apply to join the Flux Marine team at our headquarters located on the water in Bristol, Rhode Island.