Join Our Team!
In this role, the Institutional Research Analyst’s primary responsibility is to perform research and analysis in support of institutional innovation and decision making. Visually and narratively interprets the results of research and analysis based on the needs of those requesting data or the target audience. Develops reports and presentations for internal and external audiences. The ideal candidate will have institutional research or computer programming experience in higher education. It is highly preferred to have significant experience with statistical techniques including predictive, inferential, machine learning and other models in SAS, R, or similar software programs. Demonstrated experience in SQL, Python or equivalent data querying language is also highly preferred.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you’ll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in management information systems or a related field [required].
- Significant experience with statistical techniques including predictive, inferential, machine learning and other models in SAS, R, or similar software programs. (preferred)
- Experience with computer-based information analysis. (preferred)
- Experience explaining results of statistical analysis via reports and presentations. (preferred)
- Experience with data marts and/or data warehouse environments and relational databases (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in SQL, SAS or equivalent data querying language (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to build strong collaborative relationships with various departments in the organization (preferred)
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
**The Institutional Research team is currently working remotely until further notice.
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Institutional Research
Closing Date: Monday, November 22, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
Salary: $47,722 – $57,863 per year
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity