Business Entity: Hamilton Company
Location: Reno, NV
Reporting Relationship: Production Supervisors, Area Leads.
Shifts: Mon-Fri, 7am-3:30pm, 3:30pm-12am, Occasional Saturdays.
Hamilton Company is looking for an Inspector to join the machine shop production team. They will perform a variety of tasks associated with inspection and production of products on the floor. These products are to be inspected in process using manual inspection equipment including Micrometers, Calipers, Drop/Height gages, Optical Comparators as well as automated inspection equipment such as coordinate measuring machines (CMM).
- A team player who collaborates.
- Must possess competent verbal and written communication skills as required to interface with other departments and company personnel in a service function.
- Must be adaptable to changing work environment, competing demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting techniques and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools safely.
- Competent in maintaining databases or archives of inspections, processes, results and deviation.
- Knowledgeable of common CNC and manual machining practices.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications with an above average understanding of GD&T.
- Knowledgeable of how various materials and conditions affect metrology.
- Familiar with CMM machine safety features/dangers as they relate to inspection and operator usage.
Education and Experience
- Must have High School diploma or GED.
- Must have 3 years of experience with various types of inspection or metrology equipment.
- Technical certificate or program completion in inspection, metrology preferred.
- CMM’s operation experience preferred.
Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Employee responsibilities and duties:
- Accountable for regular and consistent attendance.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Adequate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Daily communication and documentation using Microsoft Office products.
- Maintain area and equipment cleanliness/organization.
- Ability to operate production CNC machines if necessary.
Inspector responsibilities and duties:
- Report problems to Supervisor.
- Interface with shop floor Operators regarding inspection results and capabilities.
- Qualify inspection equipment prior to use.
- Understand inspection intent.
- Perform part inspection support in a manual capacity using various equipment.
- Validate successful inspections.
- Standardize and improve new and existing inspection processes.
- Document and archive inspection results.
- Perform setups to run CMM inspection programs.
Common Metrology and Inspection Equipment Used:
- Drop Indicators
- Gage Pins and Blocks
- Height Gages
- Romer Arm
- Faro Arm
- Fowler Trimos Height gages
- Renishaw 3 axis Equators
- Renishaw Agility With Revo-2 Head (5-axis)
- Wenzel XO with Revo-2 Head (5-axis)
- Brown and Sharpe with PH10 Head (3-axis)
- Mitutoyo Toolmaker Microscopes
- S-T Industries Optical Comparators
Hamilton Company is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and customization of precision measurement devices, automated liquid handling stations, and sample management systems. For more than 60 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace
Learn more about us at: www.hamiltoncompany.com
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.