INROADS is partnering with Malk Partners for Summer Internships. Apply today!!
INROADS (www.inroads.org) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that gives high-potential future executives from culturally, ethnically and economically diverse backgrounds a competitive advantage in their careers. We provide unparalleled networking opportunities with career-minded peers; year-round professional coaching and guidance from managers; and professional development. We also provide management training that includes career related, paid internships with some of America’s top companies.
If you would like to be considered for an interview, please complete an online application on our website www.inroads.org/apply and email me your resume in word format – firstname.lastname@example.org
Malk Partners is a fast-growing consulting firm that advises many of the world’s most successful investors on risk management and responsible investment. Malk assists middle-market private equity firms in establishing best-in-class environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs that are deployed throughout the investment lifecycle in order to mitigate risk and create value. We partner with firms that invest across a range of industries, including financial services, healthcare, technology, manufacturing, and consumer products. Malk was an early entrant into this rapidly-evolving industry and continues to be at the forefront of ESG innovation and defining best practices.
Summer Analysts will be exposed to engagements with our private equity, private credit, and venture capital clients, which most frequently take the form of ESG due diligence reviews for prospective acquisitions. Over the course of the program, Summer Analysts will learn to think creatively about material ESG issues, systematically examine business practices, effectively communicate findings to the team, and develop strong recommendations for tangible improvement. Summer Analysts will be assigned to a project team and will spend a large portion of their internship shadowing and assisting the team with projects and learning about Malk’s due diligence process. To supplement their team shadowing, Summer Analysts will also complete a research project(s) that will contribute to the institutional ESG knowledge of the firm.
- Shadow and assist with ESG due diligence and monitoring engagements: help to evaluate and monitor the ESG risk exposure and performance of our clients’ portfolio companies’ and provide recommendations for ongoing risk mitigation.
- Project team shadowing will account for 65 to 80% of the internship
- Join an ESG delivery team and participate in daily tasks, meetings and deliverables
- Help to identify potentially material ESG issues and craft tailored questions to be asked during the internal review process to determine management capacity
- Join calls (led by more-senior team members) with management teams at the company to further understand ESG risk exposure, risk mitigation practices, and value-creation opportunities
- Contribute to and assist with a research project(s)
- Research will account for 20 to 35% of the internship
- Examples of projects may include contributing to ESG insights/newsletters, and/or researching new ESG sub-issue topics
- Skills: exceptional writing, research, communication, presentation, organization, and qualitative reasoning skills are required; a strong business acumen and familiarity with operational fundamentals is strongly preferred
- Experience: No direct experience in sustainability, finance, or consulting is required; however, Summer Analysts are expected to be rapid learners with a driving interest in the relationship between ESG risk management and business performance
- Education: Junior pursuing a BA/BS degree from a reputable college or university