INROADS (www.inroads.org) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that gives high-potential future executives from culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse backgrounds a competitive advantage in their careers. We provide unparalleled networking opportunities with career-minded peers; year-round professional coaching and guidance from managers; and professional development. We also provide management training that includes career related, paid internships with some of America’s top companies. We are seeking undergraduate candidates graduating on or after December 2022 for paid summer internships with our 200+ corporate partners.
If you would like to be considered for an interview, please complete an online application on our website www.inroads.org/apply and email your resume in WORD format – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Indicate which role you are interested in the email. See below for options.
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Dollar General Internship program is a highly visible opportunity to work within a fast-paced and challenging environment. The interns will work directly with HR leadership and be exposed to various areas of the business. The nature of the selected projects not only offer meaningful work experiences, but also provide the opportunity to make an impact on the processes and procedures of the organization through your efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Post new positions on websites and job boards
- Assist with Store Manager and Store Manager Candidate screening resumes and applications
- Send offer and regret letters
- Coordinate interviews
- Proofread HR documents
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Exhibits leadership skills and works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information.
- Help prepare Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents
- Track progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3rd/4th year student working towards a degree in Human Resources, Communications or business related major.
- Available for a 12+ week internship
- Available to work 35+ works per week*
- Self-starters who are results oriented, resourceful, analytical, innovative, intellectually curious and who take initiative and risks
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and resume databases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Dollar General has internships open in the following areas for the Store Support Center:
- Real Estate
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain (on site at distribution center location – one is a six-month rotation)
If you would like to be considered for an interview, please complete an online application on our website www.inroads.org/apply and email your resume in WORD format – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Indicate which role you are interested in the email.