View job on Handshake
Commercial Banking Innovation Development Program Full Time Analyst
About the Team
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations. As active members in our communities, we offer lending, equity, training and mentorship to help power diverse businesses, expand affordable housing, support vital institutions and advance the sustainable change that our communities need now more than ever.
The Innovation Development Program (IDP) focuses on building the next generation of innovators and disruptors, creating a long lasting and positive impact, and developing innovative solutions to complex problems within the Commercial Banking line of business.
Commercial Banking (CB) provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet clients’ domestic and international needs. CB operates in over 100 locations and serves approximately 17,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue from $20 million to $2 billion, and nearly 34,000 real estate clients, owners and investors.
The Innovation Development Program supports CB in a truly unique way – through rotational opportunities across functional, business, and product teams such as Strategy, Digital, Client Transformation, Product Innovation, Marketing, and Business Architecture. The impact you’ll deliver as part of this program will significantly enhance a broad range of products and processes that drive value for our businesses and clients.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive and inclusive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients.
What to expect
You’ll begin your two-year experience with an immersive training program followed by 3 eight-month rotations across high-impact functional, business or product teams within the Commercial Bank. You will be located amongst a cohort of peers where you’ll have the opportunity to drive impact while launching your career.
The IDP Program is designed for individuals with significant potential to grow and transform JPMC’s banking business. Throughout rotations, you can expect to develop foundational skills across a combination of core disciplines:
- Project-based strategy: Develop recommendations to improve the bank’s operational and financial performance
- Transformation & execution: Design new customer value propositions and help deliver a best-in-class client experience
- Product management: Support the build, launch, and delivery of products to solve customer challenges
- Process and change management: Re-engineer critical processes and help lead key organizational and change initiatives
- Data, technology & systems: Leverage data and platforms to drive decision-making and improve business architecture
While working across the above disciplines, IDP Analysts will take on a range of mission-critical responsibilities, including combining strategic thinking and quantitative analysis to answer business questions, presenting and communicating findings to key stakeholders, building a deep knowledge of our business and products, and leveraging an innovation mindset to design client experiences and solutions.
Upon successful completion of the program, analysts will be eligible for associate level positions in Commercial Banking across the country.
Locations we hire for:
- New York City
- Palo Alto, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Desire and passion for creating positive change through financial services
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school or community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Python, Java, SQL is a plus
- Relevant internship experience and accounting, data science, economics, engineering, finance or coursework is a plus
- Graduating between December 2021 to June 2022.
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes the following steps:
- Complete and submit your application online, which includes a copy of your resume and email address.
· Your email address will be used to create and maintain your profile. If you are a current JPMC employee, use your JPMC email address to apply for jobs internally. Do not use an email address with “.edu” extension, as doing so could result in delays receiving updates regarding your candidacy.
· Your application and resume are a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
- Complete a video interview, powered by HireVue.
· You’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
· HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed the video interview questions. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete the required elements as soon as possible.
- Wait for additional guidance from the Campus Recruiting team following submission of your HireVue videos.