Provides technical support and analysis to the infrastructure team. Assists with telecommunications and network infrastructure.
- Assists with Systems Administration projects. Serves as technical support and participates in a variety of analytical and technical assignments providing problem diagnosis and solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products.
- Provides desktop project support and day to day operational support for infrastructure services.
- Assists and performs Network and Telecoms related tasks as directed by companies supporting Bethel’s telecoms and network infrastructure. Coordinate construction projects between ITS and contractors as needed.
- Setting up or terminating telephone service of employees including voice mail, moves, adds and changes, Call canter, phone bridge, etc. Keep hosted 911 database current.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of VOIP/TCP and basic understanding of Networks, along with their physical components
- Working knowledge of IP management (DNS, DHCP, IP addressing), Infoblox specifically preferred.
- A strong commitment to quality relationships and services
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge in Oracle Enterprise Linus, Microsoft Windows Server and CLI.
- Experience with Mac and Windows computers
- Ability to research and problem solve unknown issues
2+ years progressively responsible work experience in IT infrastructure with a Bachelor’s degree.
Bachelor’s degree. CCNA preferred
Must be available to work evenings, nights or weekends as needed. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must be able to work in noisy spaces for extended periods at times. Must wear protective equipment when working in construction zones. Must be able to lift boxes of network cables, work over the head in ceilings, climb ladders, walk in tunnels with a four-foot ceiling, and work in a sitting position at a desk for extended periods of time.