University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) employees may qualify to transfer their current and previous employment credit to State of California employment through CalPERS. Human Resources can help with this process upon employment or you can reach out to CalPERS for inquiries at (888) 225-7377.
Under general supervision, incumbents typically perform a variety of recurring, well-defined tasks requiring occasional, innovative problem solving within guidelines and a scope that may encompass one or more units, functions or processes in the Client Services domain.
Typical tasks performed within each domain may include:
• Conduct end user training related to client technologies.
• Configure, deploy, and maintain end-user devices.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and mobile applications.
• Perform problem and incident management related to client technologies.
• Recommend incident control/problem management process improvements.
• Conduct research and analysis of new client technologies.
• Analyze data to identify trends or relationships among variables.
• Install, configure, and/or maintain systems. Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Install or repair hardware or peripheral equipment.
• Test, maintain and deploy desktop images.
The incumbent performs Tier 1 and 2 support as part of the IT Service Desk for the Department of Health Care Access and Information’s (HCAI) Information Technology needs. The incumbent leads the Tier 1 team in triage, resolution, and escalation of support tickets. Incumbent performs a variety of tasks in research, configuration, installation and testing new or upgraded computer hardware and software, including desktops, laptops, printers, external storage systems, scanners, smartphones, and other devices. Incumbent troubleshoots technical issues with software and hardware in support of Tier 2 duties. Incumbent documents activities performed and writes knowledge base articles and quick help guides.
Do you have the following education or experience?
Eighteen months as an Information Technology Technician; or
Two years of general information technology experience performing technical, analytical, or support tasks for computer systems or services in any of the six domains or emerging information technology fields; or
60 semester units (or 90 quarter units) from an accredited college or university including at least 15 semester units (or 22.5 quarter units) of information technology or closely related course work; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
When using education to meet minimum qualifications, education must include the specified information technology or closely related course work.
If so, you may meet the minimum qualifications. Apply today!