Scheduled Salary Increase:
3% effective 12/12/22
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The Fresno County Department of Internal Services is offering an exciting career opportunity for dynamic, experienced IT professionals interested in a position as an Information Technology Analyst II – SQL Database Administrator.
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for extracting and/or loading data; ensuring database hardware and software is up to date; setting up database security measures; monitoring database users and permissions; preserving data integrity; and performing database backup and recovery.
Candidates for this recruitment must have experience developing, administering, and maintaining SQL databases .
As a condition of employment, candidates may be required to undergo and pass a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination. These investigations include employment/credit histories, verification of education, arrest/criminal records, drug/alcohol use, and personal conduct. This list is neither inclusive nor exclusive; other relevant areas may be investigated and verified.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I – Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
SAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Install and configure SQL servers and databases
- Create and update database stored procedures
- Maintain permission and authenticate data
- Monitor database health and performance
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Refine and automate processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical and operational knowledge of managing SQL Server and MySQL database;
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS);
- Database performance monitoring and reporting software;
- Managing parameters to provide fast database query response.
- Design, install, and implement database in accordance to end users’ request;
- Use transaction recovery techniques and backup data;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Effectively problem solve database issues;
- Document and maintain processes and procedures for ensuring database security, availability, and integrity;
- Manage multiple work assignments, set priorities, and meet established deadlines effectively and independently;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with staff at all levels in the organization and outside agencies.
Applicants must qualify under one (1) of the options listed below:
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time, paid work experience developing, administering, and maintaining SQL databases.
Substitution: Possession of a valid certification from CompTIA, Microsoft or Project Management Institute in database administration obtained or renewed within the last five (5) years, may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience.
Education: Completion of sixty (60) semester units of coursework that is acceptable within the United States’ accredited college or university system with at least fifteen (15) units of coursework in Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field.
Experience: One (1) year of full-time, paid work experience developing, administering, and maintaining SQL databases.
In addition to the options listed above, the following may also be required:
License: Possession of a valid Class “C” driver’s license, or equivalent, may be required.
Other: As a condition of employment, candidates may be required to undergo and pass a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination. These investigations may include employment/credit histories, verification of education, arrest/criminal records, drug/alcohol use, and personal conduct.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- The minimum qualifications for this recruitment have been limited to candidates with an experience background related to the specific vacancy.
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Please fully list your work experience, including current position. Failure to list current and complete work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school’s name, school’s location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), and if applicable, which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application may disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying units.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States’ accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to 559-455-4788, Attn: Mitchell Norvise; hand deliver a copy to our office; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov. Late submission of documentation will not be accepted.
- If you possess a qualifying certificate, a copy of your certificate must be submitted with your application. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to 559-455-4788, Attn: Mitchell Norvise; hand deliver a copy to our office; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov. Late submission of documentation will not be accepted.
- Resumes and attachments will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the of the processes listed below:
- Online Written Examination – If required, the written examination will be offered in an online format. Please indicate on the supplemental questionnaire if you have the ability to complete an online examination.
- Oral Examination – If required, the oral examination will be offered in an online format. Please indicate on the supplemental questionnaire if you have the ability to complete an online examination.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Fresno County Employment Application – must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- If applicable, a copy of your qualifying certificate. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to 559-455-4788, Attn: Mitchell Norvise; hand deliver a copy to our office; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov by the closing date/time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
Please note: Applications must be submitted online only by the filing deadline. Applications submitted via e-mail, fax, U.S. mail, or in person in our office will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Open Job Information Flyer and click “Apply” to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions (such as the formatting of education or work experience) will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.
Please be advised that it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify Fresno County Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. Mail from Human Resources are not forwarded (“Return Service” is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees, the County of Fresno complies with all Federal, State and Local Orders related to COVID-19, including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS – The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Mitchell Norvise