ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are Los Angeles Unified School District. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
We are technical professionals, skilled workers, support staff, executives, and community champions. We do our jobs with a sense of integrity, accountability, and pride in shaping the future. Our contributions here impact our number one customers – the 600,000 plus K-12 students of LAUSD.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you a compliance professional who has experience gathering facts and data to ensure your company is complying with company, state and federal regulations? If so then we would like to encourage you to view our Information Security Compliance Analyst opportunity at LA Unified. Here you will get the opportunity to utilize your fact-finding expertise and prepare reports for our IT Risk Manager in order to ensure LA Unified is staying compliant with all relevant regulations related to our Information Technology Division.
In addition, an Information Security Compliance Analyst conducts comprehensive assessments of IT security operations to ensure that reasonable measures are taken to comply with applicable laws, regulations, external security frameworks, and Board Rules and ITD policies.
This is a new role within the District so you will be a part of shaping it to be a successful new member of the Information Technology team. Come join our team for this exciting opportunity and work with over 600+ IT professionals as we look to continue to make a positive impact on the youth of Los Angeles.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Maintains a compliance control program and use it to continuously identify, document, assess, monitor, test, and assign compliance controls within ITD’s compliance control environment.
· Liaises with internal and external entities in support of IT compliance-related documentation requests, reports, corrective actions, interpretations, assurances, investigations, contract reviews, projects, incident response, and other IT actions subject to compliance requirements.
· Collects, analyzes, and tracks IT compliance data from various functional units in a relational database in order to develop and maintain dashboards that provide visibility into the operational effectiveness of the compliance program.
· Creates IT compliance training and awareness content and train stakeholders on their responsibilities related to their role, and certifies their compliance.
· Analyzes and compares the District’s IT security policies, procedures, and standards to the District’s actual practices to identify any areas of noncompliance and work across functional lines to communicate findings and assign appropriate controls to business owners.
· Evaluates essential IT contracts and agreements to document non-compliance with terms and conditions that may negatively affect the confidentiality, integrity or availability of IT services and assets.
· Monitors, assesses, and reports compliance with internal controls over financial reporting including but, not limited to segregation of duties, authorizations, access control, and general IT controls related to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of financial data.
· Inventories, analyzes, and evaluates new, current and proposed IT-related regulations, laws, Board Rules, internal policies, procedures, practices, security standards, IT assets, and any affected parties to determine compliance requirements and impacts to the District.
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree. A degree in legal studies, computer science, information systems, business or public administration, or a related field is preferable
· Two years of experience performing compliance assessments for a large organization. Compliance assessment experience must have included two of the following areas: implementation of policies and procedures, conducting compliance trainings, compliance monitoring and auditing, and taking corrective actions. Experience in an IT environment is preferable.
· For this recruitment, ‘large organization’ is defined as organization with 500 or more employees.
· Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), Certified Security Compliance Specialist (CSCS), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent certifications are preferable.
· A valid California Driver License and use of an automobile.
· Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
· Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
· Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.
· 13 days.