ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
We are technical professionals, skilled workers, support staff, executives, and community champions. We do our jobs with a sense of integrity, accountability, and pride in shaping the future. Our contributions here impact our number one customers – the 600,000 plus K-12 students of LAUSD.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
LAUSD is looking to hire an Information Security Analyst II! We are looking for IT Security Professionals who have experience in IT security operations and take pride in identifying/preventing IT security incidents across various platforms. At LAUSD, you will have the opportunity to join an Information Technology Division with over 600 IT Professionals working towards providing the youth of Los Angeles the support they need in order to succeed in their educational pursuits. Come join our team and grow your IT career!
Additional responsibilities include:
· Conducts white and black box penetration tests to identify hardware and software assets that are vulnerable to attack, potential impact, and recommended countermeasures.
· Evaluates scheduled IT changes proposed by various functional IT groups at regular change control board meetings to identify potential security impacts and approval.
· Reviews information security plan and program code to ensure that the development and modification of applications are aligned with security and privacy practices.
· Conducts periodic testing of cyber security incident management plan to test critical components and cross-departmental dependencies.
· Develops training content and trains technical support staff on best security practices relative to their technical area of responsibility and approved tools and procedures.
· Leads and coordinates the IT incident response team and performs IT incident response activities including incident preparation, analysis, documentation, notification, containment, evidence gathering, eradication, recovery, and post-incident.
· Manages, monitors, reviews, analyzes, and prioritizes real-time end-to-end security log data across various operational IT support units and correlates them with forensic network data to determine if and when incidents occur.
· Develops step-by-step response procedures for IT incidents resulting from different types of common IT service interruptions, attack vectors, and vulnerabilities.
· Performs detailed technical security evaluations of information systems, solution architectures, physical security designs, vendor solicitations, contracts, and proposals to ensure that IT assets are aligned with internal and external security requirements.
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in information security, information systems, information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
· Qualifying experience in addition to that required may be substituted on a year-for-year basis provided that the requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent is met.
· Four years of professional- level experience in IT security operations which included security monitoring, change control, vulnerability management, secure software development, and/or other information security responsibilities.
· One year of the above experience must have included experience in IT incident management.
· A GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) certification or equivalent certification is preferred.
· A valid California Driver License
· Use of an automobile
· Employees in the class are subject to call at any hour.
· Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
· Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
· Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.