At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off sites.
Flexible – The hiring manager is in Kirkland, Washington and is open to this being a fully remote position.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for an entry level Information Security Analyst for the Security Risk & Assessments team, within GoDaddy’s Information Security Organization, that have a winning combination of hands-on security skills, strong leadership abilities, and an eagerness to design solutions to complex problems. You must be comfortable working with engineers & business professionals of all levels, communicating with stakeholders, crafting, and presenting high-quality deliverables and performing scrum master activities.
What you’ll get to do…
- Partner with the Team Lead to maintain a balanced workload for the team within JIRA based upon priorities and SLA’s.
- Build partnerships between security and other GoDaddy business units & 3rd party vendors enabling you to quickly clear roadblocks for your team.
- Collaborate with GoDaddy business units and 3rd party vendors to better define business requirements throughout the sprints/ iterations.
- Assist with scoping prospective projects, participating in projects from kickoff through “definition of done”.
- Be a technical writer of various security documentation & diagrams based upon collaboration with your team.
- Support your manager in various business initiatives and carrying out those business processes with your team.
- Analyze team’s output in Jira & Service Now to develop and/or provide effective reporting to your manager and leadership on status and progress of your team’s work.
- Prepare & deliver presentations, working sessions, & informal training sessions to your team.
- Provide recommendations and input on existing processes for enhancement and empower the team through implementation/ adoption.
- Identify automation opportunities and learn how to write basic scripts in existing tools to automate manual tasks (Service Now, Jira, Tanium).
Your experience should include…
- Knowledge of Scrum/ Kanban boards and breaking out incoming work into manageable tasks & prioritizing with the Team Lead (Agile product owner)
- Excellent business leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience in the security field.
- Experience in medium to large enterprise preferred
- Understanding of Technical Document Writing & Reporting
- Experience or academic projects in information security with a technical understanding
- Experience with basic scripting for automation of tasks and creating filters/ dashboards
- Understanding of Vulnerability Management processes, technologies & methodologies.
- Proactively address issues and opportunities when they arise within the team
- Technical background with various (or similar) software programs including but not limited to JIRA, virtual meeting and messaging (such as Zoom, Slack, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite, ServiceNow and CMDB, Vulnerability, Change Management systems, Tanium, etc.
You might also have:
- Technical certification such as CISSP
- Scrum Master certification
- Additional training/certifications in data analytics & scripting
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.