View job on Handshake
Industry Analyst, Riverside Capital Appreciation
The Riverside Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and embraces the diversity of its people and encourages women and minorities to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Riverside Capital Appreciation (“RCAF”)
Riverside Capital Appreciation (“RCAF”) is a private equity strategy focused on control buyouts of businesses across a range of sectors with $10-$35m in EBITDA. The five core sectors this group specializes in are: branded goods & services, education & training, healthcare IT & services, specialty manufacturing and distribution, as well as tech-enabled business services/software. Currently, RCAF is deploying equity from its seventh vintage.
The Industry Analyst will cover one to two sub-sectors of interest at a time, under the direction of investment team members within those industry sub-sectors. This individual will help develop a stronger understanding of target sub-sectors and identify potential platform targets by:
- Researching companies and industries as directed by a senior team member
- Arranging meetings with companies’ executives and other private equity firms for senior investment team members to discuss their portfolio companies
- Attending industry conferences
- Developing market maps and competitive analyses
- Developing KPIs and actively keeping track of industry activities (i.e. transactions consummated) to better understand the industry trends and challenges.
- Supporting the creation of summary level materials for review by the investment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Strong candidates for this role will have prior experience with:
- Analyzing a company’s financial profile, product/service offerings, and competitive
- Researching and analyzing industries and end-markets, including sizing end-markets and determining key competitors and challenges
- Proficiency with industry, end-market and company research including:
- Primary research (i.e.: calling companies and/or conducting survey work by phone) and
- Researching a company using web and other third party tools
Requirements for this position include:
- 1-2 years of post-undergraduate experience at a management consulting firm
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior research and writing skills
- Familiarity with database management a plus
- Attitude of energy and urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort with communicating with senior level executives on the phone, over video and in person
- A self-starter, and team player, with a curious mind!