Oversees receiving or shipping functions. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in inbound or outbound functions and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification.
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day’s performance and to develop action plan for current day.
- Leads development of and communicates Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified for improvement.
- Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee gaps.
- Leads inbound or outbound team in goals and measurement development and implementation.
- Reviews the strategic goals of the inbound or outbound area and sets performance goals.
- Monitors department budget on a monthly basis; assists in development of budget for inbound or outbound functions.
- Conducts weekly staffing reviews with Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine appropriate staffing levels for inbound or outbound departments.
- Communicates with company carrier regarding store loads and backhauls.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Five years minimum experience in distribution, logistics and management.
- Experience in warehouse management systems and RTS applications preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- College degree in business.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.