View job on Handshake
The Impact Coordinator is responsible for supporting the execution of BGCB’s Evaluation Strategic Plan and analyzing datasets so that BGCB can better understand our impact on the youth and communities we serve. This position is part of a two-member evaluation team, with the Director of Evaluation & Outcomes, that oversees the processes for tracking the youth we serve (e.g., demographics, numbers served); how we are serving these youth (e.g., participation levels and activities engaged in); and the impact on our youth related to our three big outcome areas of Academic & Life Success, Character & Community, and Healthy Development. The evaluation team is embedded within the Operations team, which plays a key leadership role in supporting Clubs in serving youth. As the primary champions for data, the evaluation team works to spark excitement and enthusiasm for data among staff across 9 BGCB Clubs in Boston and Chelsea to nurture and maintain a culture where staff embrace data as a critical tool to inform and support their day-to-day work and outcomes for BGCB youth members. Also critically, the evaluation team works to ensure that the voices of Club staff and youth participants are reflected in how we collect and report data, so that those closest to the data feel a sense of ownership and empowerment over their data.
This position is based at our Main Office, 200 High Street Boston, MA and is eligible to apply for a hybrid (in-office and remote) work model. It is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm with flexibility to attend events and meetings as needed.
Our Mission: The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston is to help young people, especially those who need us most, build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders. We do this by providing: a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adults, and life-enhancing programs.
- Youth First – We keep children and teens at the forefront of every action and decision to elevate members’ voices.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves with honesty and transparency and strive to do the right thing, every day, and every time.
- Community – We foster an inclusive culture by celebrating diversity and respecting the inherent dignity and worth of everyone.
- Equity – We commit to providing opportunities to create just outcomes that honor the needs, experiences, and values of our community, especially those with marginalized identities.
- Innovation – We apply a forward-thinking approach that encourages teamwork, adaptability, strategy, intention, and creativity to address today’s challenges and build positive futures for all members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Database Management and Development
- Serve as the primary manager of BGCB’s member tracking database
- Ensure complete and accurate data entry
- Train staff on data entry and use of the member database
- Review datasets for errors or duplication
- Improve the quality and accuracy of key data reports
- Identify and support implementation of database improvements
- Support system enhancement and migration to new platforms when necessary
Data Analysis, Collection, and Reporting
- Support the administration of youth surveys; staff Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) surveys; and other data collection efforts across the organization
- Work with the Director of Evaluation & Outcomes to analyze program data and share back with staff in a timely and actionable manner
- Analyze data by various participant demographics to help better understand how program experiences and outcomes may differ by race/ethnicity, gender, age, etc. to help us to think about how to make programs more equitable and inclusive
- Field and respond to data queries from Club staff and BGCB development, marketing, and operations departments
- Support the presentation and communication of key data across the organization
- Work with the Director of Evaluation & Outcomes to identify new tools, strategies, and innovations to increase the use of data and provide solutions for data needs across the organization
- Work with the Director of Evaluation & Outcomes to find ways to increase the accessibility of data to Club staff and youth participants
- Support the implementation of BGCB’s ongoing theory of change work
- Work with the Director of Evaluation & Outcomes to provide ongoing training for BGCB staff on topics related to our evaluation and outcomes work
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s degree, or at least 2-4 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Commitment to BGCB’s mission
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Coursework or relevant field experience in statistics
- Strong analytic skills, including basic statistics
- Advanced proficiency with Excel for data analysis
- Proficiency with Salesforce, or other similar database software, strongly preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in youth development required; youth work experience is a plus
- Interest in and/or experience with community engagement in research to ensure that community members are true partners in decisions about what data is collected, how data is used, and how data is reported
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods
- Local travel to off-site meetings and events as needed
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 9 am to 5 pm
Salary: $55k (Depending on experience and internal equity)