30 OLD KARNER RD
ALBANY, NY 12288-9992
Oversees and applies nationwide industrial engineering, standardization, and continuous improvement policies, standards, and processes to improve service and cost performance through direct involvement in mail processing operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs analysis of mail processing operations using industrial engineering and continuous improvement principles to improve service, productivity and cost performance.
2. Implements national standardization programs and processes through direct involvement in mail processing operations to improve service, productivity, and cost performance.
3. Develops costing and staffing models to promote the effective use of employees and equipment; provides advice and guidance on how to best schedule employees to meet mail volumes and time constraints.
4. Develops alternatives to improve operating performance and reduce costs; monitors the implementation of new procedures and evaluates and reports on results.
5. Provides input for the preparation and justification for new and altered facilities and equipment; recommends changes to workroom floor layout of equipment and operations.
6. Provides technical advice and guidance to managers throughout the facility on all aspects of engineering; may coordinate the work of operations support specialists and technicians.
7. Oversees and monitors operations and equipment performance using national and local reporting metrics to improve service, productivity, and cost performance.
8. Leads multi-functional teams working on service, cost and productivity improvement efforts.
9. Provides training to mail processing managers and employees on standardization and continuous improvement tools and processes using nationally developed training material.
10. Communicates orally and in writing to provide technical advice, program guidance, training and policy interpretation to both Headquarters and field offices.
11. Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others; uses normal protective care of materials and equipment used.
Manager of organizational unit to which assigned.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
Starting Salary: $76,910
Benefit Information: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.