Business Analysis duties include the following:
• Meet with decision makers and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and system goals, and identify and resolve system issues.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems/business operations and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging building or department operations. Identifies strengths and weaknesses and suggests area of improvement and process changes to increase effectiveness, create efficiencies and reduce costs (if there is a financial component attached to the current process).
• Lead requirements gathering sessions to identify requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution(s).
• Prepare and deliver highly detailed and/or comprehensive reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve process or project goals.
Project Management Coordination include the following:
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the overall business goal(s) in collaboration with management, stakeholders, and the finance team.
• Develop and maintain full scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end including the identification of project risks and barriers by developing strategies and approaches to mitigate and/or overcome.
• Facilitates project management and project status review meetings.
• Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project timelines and goals.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Demonstrated expertise in developing requirements, specifications, and business process review.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives; listening, interpersonal, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage the process of innovative change.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and effectively prioritize and execute tasks and projects in a high-pressure environment.
• Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, front line workers, other divisions or departments, contractors, etc.
Behavioral Competencies (these are required for all positions at ACG):
Accountability Accessibility Inclusivity Integrity
Education and Experience:
• BS or BA degree in business administration, public administration, organizational development, or social sciences preferred.
• 5-7 years of operational or business analysis/project management coordination experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job will be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable.
Pre-Employment Additional Requirements:
• Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) and background check.
• Possession of a valid Class “R” Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within two weeks of appointment.
• Security clearance required: will require fingerprinting and a Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) background check
• Work locations and facilities are subject to change based on business need.
• Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
• Spends 75% of the time sitting and 25% of the time either standing or walking.
• Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls, or pushes up to 20 lbs.
• Occasionally uses cart, dolly, or other equipment to carry in excess of 20 lbs.
• Occasionally climbs, stoops, kneels, balances, reaches, crawls and crouches while performing office or work duties.
• Verbal and auditory capacity enabling constant interpersonal communication through automated devices, such as telephones, radios, and similar; and in public meetings and personal interactions.
• Constant use of eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery or equipment.
• Visual capacity enabling constant use of computer or other work-related equipment.
Below, please list any special physical demands associated with this position. For instance, exposure to hazardous environments, blood borne pathogens, extreme heat/cold, use of power equipment or machinery, wearing of PPE (personal protective equipment).