View job on Handshake
At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. Using Atomic Force Microscopes from Asylum Research, our customers can see how cancer cells respond to new treatments, extend the lifetime and efficiency of renewable energy systems and lithium-ion batteries, and develop the novel materials required for quantum computing.
The HR Generalist will oversee the day-to-day HR operations in a variety of HR related areas including employee engagement, workforce planning, leave administration, employee relations, benefits, HR compliance and performance management – with the aspiration to provide insight so to influence managers and make Asylum a great place to work. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to proactively maximize positive employee relations by building successful relationships with employees and partnerships with managers.
• Take the lead on HR matters e.g., compensation, benefits, performance management, employee queries, statutory and contractual compliance, communications, consultation, and attendance management.
• Implements and manages process for accommodations.
• Processes employment-related transactions including promotions, reclassifications, etc.
• Maintains personnel files utilizing relevant electronic systems e.g., GEM, ADP, etc.
• Support the HR administration processes for the business including updating and maintaining the HR information system (Gem) and working with payroll to ensure it is correct and paid on time – including commission and bonus payments.
• Manage onboardibg and offboarding of employees and the processes around it.
• Administer various Human Resource plans and procedures for local personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies
• Support employee two-way communications processes as required e.g., cascades, SharePoint to ensure employees are well informed about business and HR activities/issues and have an opportunity to feed up their suggestions and concerns, create and distribute HR Newsletter
• Complete audit and reporting needs, as they come up
• Help ensure compliance with company policies and federal, state, and local laws.
• Manage performance review and counsels managers on employee performance issues and responds to employee needs.
• Leave administration, PTO, FMLA, STD, LTD, parental – ensure accuracy of data and that policies are understood.
• Partner with HR and management to identify opportunities to create & implement approaches that simplify HR systems and processes
- Degree in human resources, business administration, law, psychology or social sciences or a comparable qualification preferred
- Proven professional HR experience in a relevant role
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Excel, Word and Power Point – ADP WFN and Success Factors would be advantageous
- Knowledge of US employment and labor laws
- Ideally, some experience of supporting a business and culture going through change
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships based on trust
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Solutions focused
- Able to prioritise high workload volumes and multitask where necessary
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Able to work autonomously
- Can deal with some complexity, working in a matrix and changing situation
Asylum is a part of a successful global company, Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and academic research. At Asylum, we manufacture, market, and sell atomic force microscopes to customers around the world. We provide flexible hours and a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments operates a Preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Oxford Instruments employees or other company locations. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.