Join as a Hospitality Functional Implementation Consultant!
Oracle is the #1 global provider of business software, with a market-leading presence in over 175 countries. Oracle’s Global Business Unit (GBU) has a portfolio that includes over 60 applications, supporting core enterprise functions across eight industry verticals and over 199,000 customers across the globe.
Our GBU solutions are transforming the world of business, empowering governments, and helping industries evolve with the pace of change. Join the Oracle GBU Class Of program to kick-start your career with some real responsibility, an incredible learning experience and the chance to connect the biggest enterprises of today with the tools to compete in the digital economy of tomorrow.
As a Hospitality Functional Implementation Consultant, you will work as a member of the Hospitality Consulting team whose focus is on either Food and Beverage or Hotel clients and implementing Hospitality solutions purchased by the client. The Consultant will generally be involved in application installation, configuration, and performing knowledge transfer either at client site or remotely.
The Implementation Consultant is a role that implements software applications that directly brings value to the client. In this developing/learning capacity, you will learn Hospitality software products and implementation approach with later responsibilities for knowledge transfer directly to our client. Initially, the incumbent will work alongside a more experienced implementation consultant, with gained experience to work independently. The ideal candidate has a background working in the service industry, has great interpersonal skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
To prepare you for this role, you will complete a multi-week On-Boarding Program focused on honing your business industry aptitude, deepening product knowledge, and growing your mastery of software implementation skills. Upon completion of the program, you will be staffed in a billable or shadow assignment on a customer engagement, where you will continue to develop your expertise in a day-to-day client-facing role.
The Implementation Consultant role is both a challenging and rewarding role that will test your interpersonal skills, ability to quickly master business process knowledge, and follow-through on the delivery of a solution. You will be provided the tools, training, coaching, and resources to help you be successful. You will be a member of the consulting team acting as a central hub for delivery on key projects. You will gain valuable experience with major clients, business processes and be on the forefront of cutting-edge technology.
This role provides a fast-paced progression of skills, in a highly collaborative environment, with accelerated career advancement opportunities. Come join our team and see the impact you can make!
What You’ll Do
Join a fun and flexible workplace where you’ll enhance your skills and build a solid professional foundation. As an Implementation Specialist you will:
- Learn software products with the goal of beginning to provide professional services such as consultation, software readiness, and education to clients on FBGBU and/or HGBU software products
- Educate users on fundamental software functionality essential to the solution as well as on system administration and user permissions
- Leverage problem solving techniques with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices with limited autonomy
- Understand necessary client business requirements for configuring, testing, and documenting solutions
- Keep current on administrative tasks such as communicating agendas, submitting weekly timesheets and trip expenses
- Identify issues associated with assigned tasks; take initiative to proactively alert team lead(s) of any issues
- Follow appropriate methodologies to accomplish assigned tasks; consistently utilizing Oracle leading practices and remaining in compliance with all project standards
- May assist QA staff with product testing or modification testing as required
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of work products as completed
- Document work products in a method that can be easily understood and is reproducible
- Build an understanding of and leverage Oracle methodologies, tools, and leading practices
- Become familiar with and leverage various Oracle tools (e.g., Oracle systems, knowledge base, professional communities and training courses)
- Familiarity and ease with computer systems and Microsoft Office products
- Drive self-learning, achievement of cloud certifications and manage career progression
What You’ll Bring
Let’s see what you can achieve when you dare to be yourself. What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in Service Management or Hospitality Management and equivalent work experience
- GPA of 3.2+ preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher level understanding of role, processes, and procedures
- Experience with packaged software is strongly preferred
- Ability to work and collaborate within a team setting
- Self-starter, confident, driven with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Previous internship or job experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity and ease with computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Drive self-learning, achievement of project management certifications and manage career progression
- Ability to travel to client sites
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Entry-level implementation professional who analyzes customer needs, configures the solution, and installs it at the customer site.
Ensure the solution meets specifications and functions per customer specific operational workflow for multiple concepts, users, and service models. Resolve any gaps in functionality. Train the staff on the use of the new solution, and take the site live on the system after everything has been configured and everyone is trained. Ensure a smooth transition to the new system. Answer operational and application questions and consult the customer in a manner to transfer ownership of the system to the customer. After “go-live”, provide technical support to the customer.
0 to 2 years of experience relevant to the role. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.