Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $52.7 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2020. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of approximately 1,800 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone – we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger, Dean Dakolias, Drew McKnight and Josh Pack has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Fortress’s Credit Fund is looking to hire an Analyst to help analyze potential real estate and corporate investments across the US and internationally. The ideal candidate will hold a degree in in Math, Physics or another STEM field to work alongside individuals with similar backgrounds. Master’s strongly preferred but Bachelors and PhDs are encouraged to apply. Candidate will apply their strong educational background and analytical skillset to assist with and create the financial modelling required to accurately assess investment opportunities. The Analyst will learn how to invest in various illiquid forms of assets by working side-by-side with top professionals in a close-knit team with a history of making successful investments. No finance experience or background is required.
• Create and manipulate cash flow models in Excel to help analyze potential investments
• Analyze company financial standings via the use of research reports, financials, public filings and management discussions
• Identify patterns and macro themes
• Analyze and model esoteric illiquid assets
• Coordinate due diligence on investments including travel as necessary
• Develop and present financial analyses, reports and presentations to support decision making in situations involving new investments and existing portfolio companies and assets
• Assist in monitoring, management and valuation of existing portfolio of investments
• A degree from a top university with strong academic record, majoring in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Astronomy or similar STEM based major. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Strong coding skills required
• Strong Excel skills preferred but not necessary
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong quantitative skills
• No finance experience or background is required
The successful candidate will be:
• Bright and flexible, with excellent analytical, strategic and implementation skills
• Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
• Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
• Ability to work in a very high-pressure environment with changing deadlines and priorities
• Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
• A strong individual as well as a team player, capable of building effective internal and external relationships through appealing personal skill
• Uncompromising with respect to integrity in all regards
In addition to a highly competitive package, Fortress will provide sponsorship to the selected candidate if required.