View job on Handshake
Want to make a tangible difference in the future of accountable care?
Love applying the latest technologies and statistical models to solve tough problems?
Looking for a fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, mastery and purpose?
We are a small team of data scientists, actuaries, programmers and healthcare economics experts who love what we do and wouldn’t trade it for the world. Join us!
Validate Health provides analytics and actuarial optimization services for healthcare providers to thrive with the always evolving and complex value based care (VBC) models. As a Healthcare Policy and Data Analyst, you will apply policy and data analysis to both product design and specific client deliverables. In addition to directly influencing the company’s products, your work will drive critical decisions for healthcare providers across the country. You will:
▪ Continuously learn about value based healthcare economic models and how to implement them in the real world, with a particular focus on accountable care organizations (ACOs), CMS MSSP and GPDC models, and Medicare Advantage. Monitor upcoming and proposed policy changes and identify how they may impact the industry, Validate Health’s clients, and the product roadmap.
▪ Research, synthesize, clearly summarize, and present your observations to the Validate Health team and clients. Write whitepapers, case studies and presentations to help drive industry education.
▪ Perform data analysis and interpret data outputs, applying patient, claims and provider data to statistical models in order to formulate recommendations and generate client deliverables. Work on a wide variety of initiatives, product features, and client requests in parallel.
▪ Collaborate in developing tailored client deliverables, including recommendation narratives, data visualizations and presentation decks. Contribute to team product planning, client meetings, policy webinars, and other industry events in order to formulate and communicate action plans.
▪ Master’s degree from a competitive university program: MPH, MHA, Masters in Healthcare Economics or similar. Other degrees may be considered if candidates have sufficient experience in healthcare and a strong commitment to gaining deep expertise in healthcare policy.
▪ Opportunities available at two levels – Senior level: 5+ years work experience in value based care. Junior level: Recent graduates with 1+ years equivalent work experience in value based care.
▪ Preference given to those who have experience in federal (CMS) accountable care programs, such as MSSP, GPDC, and Medicare Advantage.
▪ Experience in some combination of the following: Evaluating value based care programs, health plan implementation, provider network design, healthcare finance, revenue cycle, or population health management.
▪ Experience with healthcare claims, clinical, and provider network data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
▪ Ability to manipulate data using one or more statistical tools: Excel, SQL, R, Python, SAS. Must have the desire to further build these skills and understand how to use them to simulate accountable care models.
▪ Excellent written and oral presentation skills with a track record of producing high quality work product. Skills in active listening and note taking, with the ability to synthesize incoming information into an action plan.
▪ We are looking for team players who can work well in an agile, start-up environment, adapt to industry changes, and are excited to develop and grow professionally with the company.
▪ Remote position allows you to work from just about anywhere!
▪ Fun, energetic, collaborative and rewarding learning environment
▪ Opportunity for continuous personal growth and development through daily team whiteboard sessions, research projects, and agile experimentation mindset towards product development
▪ Stock options and profit sharing
▪ Health coverage and 401K
▪ We are currently only accepting candidates based in the US / North America and available for full-time employment within 3 months.
▪ Send in your latest resume to careers+handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
▪ Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate Health and this position specifically.
▪ Include links to LinkedIn and any other resources that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
▪ Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements.
▪ Indicate that you’re willing to take an aptitude test.
▪ Add “Health Policy and Data Analyst via Angel” to the subject line.