Location: Bay Area (Palo Alto & San Francisco Offices)
Start Date: Summer 2023
Description of Position Norwest Venture Partners (www.nvp.com) is a Bay Area multi-stage investment firm with a 60+ year history of top quartile returns. The focus is on healthcare investment opportunities which include healthcare services, healthcare IT, digital health, and pharma services & technology. The team focuses primarily on investments in high-growth businesses aimed at accelerating growth and creating value. The firm has a strong set of operational and strategic resources for portfolio companies to leverage, including dedicated Healthcare portfolio services executives and a wide range of senior advisors.
The role is four-pronged: 1) uncovering new investment ideas and opportunities; 2) proactively sourcing deal prospects; 3) executing diligence and financial modeling; and 4) collaborating with portfolio companies on strategic initiatives.
- Founded 1961
- $12.5 billion AUM
- Top-performing fund
- Currently investing from a $3B fund raised in Q4 2021
- Target Investment size of $20M-$200M
- Flexible on deal types from minority to control investments, levered and unlevered, primary and secondary capital
- Focused on growth and company-building, not financial engineering
- 5-person healthcare growth equity team, 10 person total healthcare team
- Norwest has US offices in Palo Alto and San Francisco. Hybrid work environment with 2-3 days in the office per week starting summer 2022
- Interviews may take place by zoom or in-person
What We Are Looking for in Candidates:
- Internship or 1-2 years Investment Banking or Corporate Development experience.
- Sincere interest in investing and growing companies, as evidenced by prior working or extracurricular experience
- Top-notch analytical acumen and high caliber of maturity
- High-energy and proactive. Ready to speak with company management teams on a regular basis
- Outgoing, mature personality with an ability to build new relationships
- Self-starter and intellectually curious with interest in working within a highly collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability to conduct fact-based diligence, and in a logical manner, distill large volumes of information into cogent conclusions
Norwest Venture Partners is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.