- Want to make a tangible difference in the future of accountable care?
- Love applying the latest technologies and statistical models to solve tough problems?
- Looking for a fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, mastery and purpose?
We are a small team of data scientists, actuaries, programmers and healthcare economics experts who love what we do and wouldn’t trade it for the world. Join us!
Validate Health provides financial simulation, economic forecasts and actuarial risk management services for healthcare providers to thrive within the always evolving and complex value based care (VBC) models. Our mission is to enable provider accountable care organizations (ACOs) to focus on taking care of patients, while we take care of their highest impact strategic VBC decisions.
The Healthcare Actuary / Data Scientist position is for healthcare focused financial analysts, statisticians, data scientists, and actuaries who want to be at the forefront of provider payment reform and contract optimization. It provides excellent opportunities for professional growth in healthcare financial analytics and value based care.
- Perform or assist in pricing, reserving and forecasting of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial lines of business by applying mathematical and statistical knowledge; monitor profitability, prepare annual budget, prepare monthly reserves, etc. Perform scenario modeling, forecasting and simulations on large datasets.
- Learn and apply rules and regulation around government healthcare programs, like Medicare and Medicaid. Learn and apply models for commercial programs and contracts.
- Use modern programming languages (such as SQL, SAS, Python, SAS, R) to work with large datasets to automate regulatory, economic and actuarial modeling. Gather and analyze large medical claims, public health datasets and financial data.
- Participate in implementation, maintenance and analysis of models, forecasts, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving and forecasting.
- Develop written and oral presentations that provide basic information for decision making. Participate in defining features and capabilities of analytical products.
- Continuously learn by experimenting with statistical models and investigating scalable data science technologies.
- BS or MS in Statistics or Computer Science from a top 20 university statistics program
- Demonstration of exceptional academic accomplishments or a portfolio of projects in statistics and relevant technologies.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for open source tools
- Must have prior knowledge of SQL or able to learn it quickly upon hire
- Desire to be an expert in healthcare economics and passionate about making an impact in this field.
- Must be willing to try a fun written take home “challenge” early in the interview process to help us understand your level of proficiency in data science, statistics and programming. (It’s a set of real-world problems that our team has solved in the past and also serves to give you a glimpse into what we do.)
- Fully remote team with an environment and company culture that’s optimized to provide a fulfilling work experience and career growth opportunities to every team member, regardless the location
- Fun, energetic, collaborative and rewarding learning environment with daily whiteboard sessions and weekly “deep thought” days
- Opportunity for continuous personal growth and development through research projects and agile experimentation mindset towards product development
- Profit sharing and stock options
- Health coverage and 401K
- Send in your latest resume to careers+Handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Please include links to LinkedIn and GitHub if applicable, and any other links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements. (Must be in the U.S. and available full-time within 2 months.)
- Indicate that you’re willing to go through our hiring process: Screening video interview ⇒ Written “Challenge” skills questions ⇒ 2-3 culture and skills interviews ⇒ Meet the team and micro project. (Elapsed time from first response to job offer could be within 7 days.)
- Add “Data Scientist / Actuary via Handshake” to the subject line
**Note: While we support hosting OPT candidates and apply annually for the H1B lottery, we have not been able to get selected for the lottery for prior employees.