Why is Health Advocate a great place to work? For starters, Health Advocate employees enjoy helping people every single day. Employees are given the training they need to do their jobs well, and they work with supervisors and staff who are supportive and friendly. Employees have room to grow, and many of Health Advocate’s supervisors are promoted from within the company. Plus, consider these perks: Benefits for full- and part-time employees, generous paid time off, and fun employee events, like holiday luncheons and dress down days!
Responsible for performing health economics and outcomes analysis using statistical methods and modeling, designing research studies and developing manuscripts for publication, and supporting new product development as needed.
* Perform complex health outcomes analysis utilizing large administrative datasets that include medical and pharmacy insurance claims, eligibility files, and other ancillary data such as lab and survey data.
* Develop predictive models to identify populations at risk and opportunities for employers to reduce healthcare costs.
* Conduct retrospective analysis through the implementation of study design and statistical methods using established software (e.g. SAS, Excel), ensuring to note any potential errors that may have affected the analysis.
* Develop and implement health economics models to perform cost-effectiveness analyses based on client specifications.
* Develop outcomes research plans and outline approaches for generating required evidence and research outputs ensuring data integrity.
* Create economic models to perform cost-effectiveness analysis for assigned clients ensuring to customize the presentation of the results to the client’s needs.
* Contribute research expertise to client Request for Proposals, explaining the scientific rationale behind proposed methods and services.
* Provide expert knowledge in actively leading and participating in client interactions regarding data analysis services.
* Utilize health outcomes data to create user friendly reports and summaries ensuring the client is able interpret the results and obtains value from the service provided.
* Based on department need, participate in offsite meetings, which may include client presentations, meetings, and research conferences in an effort to expand client base and generate additional revenue.
* Continually keep up to date on research methodology, health industry trends and best practices.
* Write and develop manuscripts for peer reviewed journals based on health outcomes research.
* Partner with department team members to cultivate ideas and research for peer reviewed journal topics to enhance the organization’s visibility in the health outcomes research industry.
* Actively seek new publishing opportunities in health outcomes research peer reviews in an effort to expand professional development and attract prospective clients.
* Partner with internal resources and leadership to provide recommendations on potential research and development direction for assigned business segment.
* Continually keep up to date on peer review publishing trends and best practices to enhance the quality of manuscript submissions.
Applicant for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications.
*Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Health
Economics and Outcomes Research, Health Services, or a related field is required
*Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Health
Economics and Outcomes Research, Health Services, or a related field is preferred
*Completion of a doctoral degree may be substituted for educational requirements
* Minimum of three years of experience in biostatistics, research methods, epidemiology, or statistical modeling is required, preferably in a health care or pharmaceutical industry
*Time spent in pursuit of a doctorate degree may be substituted for work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
*Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required
* Experience with the peer reviewed journal submission process is preferred
*Minimum 2 years of SAS software experience is preferred
*Demonstrated problem solving, analytical reasoning, and decision-making skills
*Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities
*Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
*Exercise independent judgment
*Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage complex projects and timelines in a matrix team environment
*Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
*Demonstrated leadership abilities, accountability, and initiative
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)