View job on Handshake
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Health Consulting Intern
Mercer’s 2,500+ US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
HEALTH CONSULTING INTERN REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in business, math, statistics, economics, health policy or related liberal arts major
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2022 or Spring of 2023
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0/4.0)
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Collection and analysis of health care claims and utilization data including cost projections and evaluations
- Assist in the Request For Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a clients
- Assist senior consultants to review client needs, suitable approaches and implementation strategies
- Model employee benefits contributions to meet employer objectives
- Help prepare and write client communications, including reports, spreadsheets and presentations
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Provides you an opportunity to work with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.