WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Health Consulting Analyst
Mercer’s 2,500+ US Health consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
Health consulting analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client’s benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree with graduation year in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 and concentration(s) in business, math, statistics, economics, public health, and/or other related field is highly preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Acquire knowledge about the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, and even 1 day off for community service!
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first-round interview. The first-round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the HireVue platform.