About The Role
The Analytics & Data Science team is looking for an individual to lead our New Categories Analytics team. This role is critical for DoorDash to quickly build and scale new consumer-facing products & experiences as we develop delivery options beyond food for categories like Retail, Pets or Alcohol. This individual will lead a team that works cross functionally with product management, strategy & operations, marketing, analytics, and senior leadership team to drive our business forward.
As a leader on the Analytics & Data Science team, you’ll use your quantitative background to lead & mentor other data scientists and dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including opportunity sizing, A/B testing to prove and ongoing tracking of our business progress as a key driver of DoorDash’s growth in the United States, Canada, and Australia. If you enjoy building teams & businesses from scratch, this is a great opportunity!
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Build and lead a team that creates quantitative analysis to provide insights that help marketing, business, and product leaders understand marketing performance, customer quality, & user behaviors
- Work closely with our Product Management and Strategy & Operations teams to build and scale New Categories growth for DoorDash
- Create full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- Build a world class team that includes hiring new leaders as well as mentoring junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods
We’re Excited About You Because You Have…
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain (Ph.D., Master’s or advanced degree preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics, data science, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Prior experience in Retail, Pet, Alcohol or similar categories desired but not required
- Prior experience in building a B2C business from scratch with a focus on a dynamic marketplace, logistics or economics environment desired but not required
- Expertise with SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- A self-starter with the determination to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.