View job on Handshake
The Human Centered Machine Intelligence group in Apple’s AI/ML organization focuses on designing, studying, and engineering interactive technologies using machine learning. We are a close-knit team of research scientists and engineers working on crafting groundbreaking technologies that impact millions of people. Our core areas of focus are accessibility, data visualization, informative technologies, and design methods, and we do our work in conjunction with product teams throughout Apple.
As a member of this team, you will use your practical knowledge and experience in these areas to tackle significant technical problems, and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. You will have the opportunity to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most ambitious technical problems in the next generation of Apple products.
- Proven track record of publishing academic research in peer-reviewed venues
- Experience with one of the following:
- Designing, prototyping, and evaluating interactive systems
- Experience in machine learning, speech, multimodal sensing, or related areas
- Ethnographic or other situated study of human interaction with or through interactive technologies
- Skilled written and verbal communicator
Interns collaborate with researchers, engineers, and program/project managers to do some or all of the following:
- Investigate how people use or learn with new technologies
- Identify how improved system capabilities, especially ML-based product features, could improve user experiences
- Design and engineer new product features
- Conduct research studies involving prototype tools and experiences
- Co-author academic publications
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (doctoral program preferred) in computer science, human-computer interaction, machine learning, information science, learning sciences, human factors, disability studies, or related fields.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.