View job on Handshake
Join our team and help support the DOE’s Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO), which funds research and development in three technology areas: photovoltaics (PV), concentrating solar-thermal power (CSP), and systems integration with the goal of improving the affordability, reliability, and domestic benefit of solar technologies on the grid. The Grid Interconnection Analyst will provide technical expertise to enable the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) to address bulk power grid interconnection issues that are impacting the deployment of solar energy technologies.
- Support the development and execution of new funding opportunities, technical assistance programs, and other funding mechanisms that address grid interconnection issues. Tasks can include research to inform new programs, expert assessment of applications, and implementation of required federal procedures.
- Support the management of a portfolio of projects and/or programs to address grid interconnection issues and increase the deployment of solar energy by providing technical guidance to awardees and expert assessment of project/program progress.
- Provide expert assessment of data, models, analysis, user tools, and technical assistance to reduce barriers to solar energy deployment at the household, commercial, and utility levels.
- Participate in external conferences, webinars, and other events to stay current on solar stakeholder needs and provide recommendations for SETO program improvements.
- Prepare communications materials, including PowerPoint presentations, web text, factsheets, and other resources for a variety of stakeholder audiences.
- Work collaboratively with diverse staff that have a variety of technical backgrounds and experience levels to execute on SETOs goals.
- Bachelors degree or higher.
- At least 5 years of professional experience that is relevant to the technical, administrative, and/or financial processes involved with the interconnection of renewable or conventional energy generators to the electric grid.
- Able to work from Washington, DC
- Authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions, U.S. Citizen or Permanent US Resident.
- Successful drug screen.
Boston Government Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.