GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIPS
The Indianapolis Tech Ecosystem seeks passionate students to work as Graphic Design Interns in the summer of 2022. In this role you will work alongside experienced designers to actively contribute to meaningful projects and gain valuable experience. This is an opportunity to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom and develop the skills you’ll need for the next step in your career.
WORK AT A RAPIDLY-GROWING TECH COMPANY
The Xtern program places you with a high-growth tech company for a 10-week, full time, paid internship over the summer with free housing. Xtern finalists will interview with three-to-five potential tech companies for their internship on November 12th, 2021.
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the team to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from supervisors and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing/publishing as needed
- A portfolio which demonstrates conceptual skills with a range of visual styles
- Ability to understand agile workflows and iteratively design graphics that meet team needs.
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Has an eye for detail and a passion for eye-catching design
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other graphic designers and non-designers (product managers)
- Ability to self-manage time and work
JOIN US FOR THE BEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE
- Professional Networking and Skills Development: When you join the tech community in Indianapolis, you join a community of artists, makers, and technologists who are passionate about helping each other create the best product, affect the most change, and be the best builders they can be. Through newly-developed, specialized training tracks based on your professional interests, we plug you into that community from day one.
- Civic Engagement: In Xtern, we believe in making a big impact – both in our companies and in our community. We want to help you change the world for the better, one great idea at a time. Whether you’re helping the city pursue some of its most challenging problems or teaching the next generation of kids to code, you’ll have support to dive into any project.
- City Immersion: Experience the social and cultural scene that makes Indy such an awesome place to live with Xtern events across the 10-week internship program.
If you’re looking to make an impact on a growing tech community, be sure to apply online before the deadline, October 11th at 11:59 PM.
The Xtern Program also recruits for internship opportunities in the following roles:
• Business Analyst
• Data Science
• Devops/IT Networking
• Software Engineering
• Product and Project Marketing
• QA and Testing
• Technical Customer Success and Support
• UX Design