View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
The Perception Systems Section produces innovative solutions for sensing and understanding the world, transforming reality into digitized reality. By applying novel Machine Learning (Deep Learning) techniques, we create intelligent automated systems that sense, think, and act in the real world.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join project teams to research and develop new autonomy-related objectives for SwRI clients.
- Implement modern and traditional machine learning algorithms to solve novel problems.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning software solutions for various intelligent system applications
- Interact with team members to discuss technical solutions to problems
- Develop tools and techniques to improve our team’s research and development capability.
- Must be enrolled in a BS or Graduate Program with a 3.00 GPA in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Must have relevant academic research and/or internship experience
- MS and PhD candidates must have completed some graduate work related to machine learning, computer vision, or robotics
- Training in perception (computer vision/image processing, lidar, and/or radar) software solutions for various intelligent system applications
- C++, python, and ROS experience required
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.