Start Here, Go Anywhere!
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
- Data collection and analysis
- Use of specialist software packages
- Completing and documenting technical analyses
- Report writing
- Attending team, consulting and client meetings
- Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
- Proven interest in the fields of transportation engineering and planning, industrial engineering, operations management, and/or aviation planning
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or similar/ related field
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in transportation planning, transportation engineering, industrial engineering, and/or operations management
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, and creativity
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to logistics, operations, or aviation planning
- Relevant intern and/or research experience
- Past history of presentations and technical writing
- Experience in discrete event simulation modeling (e.g. Arena, Simio software etc.) or knowledge of CAD platforms (Microstation, Auto CAD) and Excel
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Portland International Airport (PDX) Terminal Core Redevelopment and consolidated receiving & distribution center
- UCSF New Parnassus Hospital
- Significant confidential work for Bay Area-based technology companies
- CityPlace in Santa Clara
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below:
- Global Profit Share – paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) – with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement