Graduate Intern, Supply Chain IT
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every day, we aim to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work.
We are creating Kite together, with the recognition that the best teams are built by the best people. We maintain an attitude of curiosity, and creativity with each challenge as we develop a new market for cancer therapies. We appreciate and respect one another, and most importantly, we don’t take success for granted. While we’ve come a long way to make what others viewed as impossible, possible, we know one thing is certain. Today is just the beginning.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We’re committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
As Supply Chain IT intern, you will have the opportunity to prepare solution architecture and data flow diagram for Supply Chain systems and store the data into enterprise architecture repository and set up process for updating them.
You will be responsible for devising a strategy for managing the incident process and metrics with Kite Logistics partners with the focus on IT and systems.
You will also contribute to the process solution for integrating various supply chain field devices (like temperature monitors, Cryports etc.) with analytics systems with the intention of drawing out key insights on logistics metrics.
Other responsibilities would include devising a governance process for system changes and setting up effective change control board to assess and govern cross system changes and impacts and creating effective environment strategy for launches and for Kite’s Digital vein-to- vein solution will be also interesting part of the project.
Under the direction of immediate manager, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Analyze the IT issues Kite Logistics team faces and identify strategy to address them with logistics partners for long term resolution.
· Understand the need for integrating various devices and equipment used in Kite’s supply chain and help to integrate them to central IT systems and Data Analytics platform. Propose predictive analytics ideas which can benefit Supply Chain Function after studying Kite’s unique needs.
· Set up Governance structure for Supply Chain System Changes with intention to assess cross application impact due to system changes. Applications like Salesforce, ERP (Oracle), AWS and Tableau would be part of the IT ecosystem
· Set up a sustainable SDLC Environment Management Strategy.
· Work with business and IT partners to enhance Digital Vein To Vein Solution to improve efficiency. Prepares Solution- level and user-level documentation.
· Meet business users to understand their supply chain pain points and proposes best of the breed solutions after thorough analysis of user needs and make necessary presentations to the stakeholders.
· Must be at least 18 years or older
· Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
· Must be currently enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at an accredited university/college
· Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
· Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship – graduation date of December 2022 or Spring/Summer 2023
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Kite sponsorship
· Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to start of the internship
· Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
· Must be able to work remotely or relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
· Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
· Currently enrolled in Graduate Degree with emphasis in Supply Chain or Informatics
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite
· Proficiency with Microsoft Visio
· Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively/Ability to work in collaborate in cross functional teams in fast pace, dynamic team setting
· Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and/or interest in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or health-care industry
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory policies
· Analytical and Technical bend of mind with interest is Analytics, IT Management and IT Archiecture Architecture
· Good understanding or interest to earn Enterprise Systems such as Salesforce, ERP etc.
· Team player and great with Ideas!
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.